Hennigan Engineering successfully removes 46,000 lbs of scale using High Pressure Water Jetting Services, bringing a 650 megawatt unit back to full power.
After several unsuccessful attempts by other companies, using high pressure water jetting and chemical cleaning, Hennigan Engineering was contacted to try to resolve the issue of removing hard calcium scale from a 34,000 tube unit.
- The Unit was derated by 300 megawatts due to biological and calcium scale which was a result of a fouling event that was introduced via a re-circulation cooling lake.
- Tube Flow was decreased to where 50-55% of the tubes had no flow at all.
- Urgency was required as Unit downtime was a considerable factor in mid-summer months.
- Hennigan Engineering Removed an estimated 46,000 lbs of Calcium Scale.
- The Plant was able to return to 650 megawatts of full power upon re-powering.
For more information on this project and the cleaning program designed by Hennigan Engineering, please contact us!